FRANKIE STEIN AND HIS GHOULS: Ghoul Music / Shock Terror FearFinally Frankie Stein and his Ghouls PRESSED and PRINTED and DIGITALLY remastered! Ghoul Music and Shock Fear Terror, both LPs on one CD. Plus Bone Us tracks of Music for Monsters. Not only both are in STEREO, the cd is individually numbered and limited to 1313.
The sound is beautiful and crystal clear and the 5 Monster Bonus tracks are weird and amusing. Has 4 page booklet with photos and a fun review of the tracks, which is actually cool to read and listen to at the same time. I truly love these jazzy blues numbers and even more with them being so clear. 25 tracks in all and a hour long. These lps are finally out on a professional cd.
Some Frankie songs seem to be very familiar, while some people believe many are Beatle tunes rearranged, this will be left up to your pointed ears decisions. Some unlisted mystery songs at the end of the CD will be there for you to figure out which "Hit Song" corresponds with which Frankie track. All "Hit Songs" are from 1964 to 1967. Which came first, the curse or the bite?
Frankies songs are primarily 12-Bar Blues with Surf beats spread throughout. Frankie would redo a song, adding or killing off sound effects. Here is an unbiased track by track review of the two LPs on this CD.
1. What Kind Of Ghoul Am I (Mashed Potato) - Brain Freeze, the fun beat could catch the largest fish. 2. Mummy's Little Boy (Monkey, Twist) - Forgot to listen to this track.
3. Good Noose (Fox Trot) - Oh no, another Monster hit by a daydreaming speeding driver.
4. The Wrist Twist (Twist) - Frankie invites EVERYONE to twist.
5. Shoot-A-Nanny (Swim, Surf) - It's duck season!
6. Elbow Twist (Twist)- A twist here, a twist there, add an inch to your height. Frankie uses someones ratchet to set a volunteers neck.
7. Fly Me To The Goon (Hully Gully) - Spoons, forks and other dinner ware suggests dining and dancing.
8. Chained (Swim) - Our first, this "sounds like a HIT song", but a little speed up.
9. A Taste Of Poison (Surf) - Reach Out and help that monster, he needs a hand....outa the swamp! Our 2nd, this "sounds like I heard this HIT song before", but a bit slowed down..
10. Monster Motion (Watusi) - Screaming and moaning can settle some nerves, but not here it don't.
11. Who's Afraid Of Weerdo Wolf (Watusi) - Someone howling, boinging and falling with in a spaghetti western scene and then..... BLAMMM!
12. Bodies Under The Bridge (Swim, Twist)- "The Birds" were obviously attacking this session. As you have guessed, this is a Remix on CDED01 Track 10 "Neck Twist".
13. Slay Boy (Fox Trot, Hully Gully) - Silly reader, you never review the 13th tracks! 14. Horror Staccato (Monkey, Lindy) - Upstairs, downstairs - the monster chasing the screams and runs into one of the up beatest tunes Frankie created. In fact, it is such a good tune, it is Remixed on CDED01 Track 12 "3 Little Weerdos".
15. Ankle Twist (Twist) - More ratchet work for your pleasure, very Saxy, baby, very Saxy.
16. Doom At Midnight (Frug) - The clock strikes 13 and Frankie almost gets words out.
17. Stoned (Monkey, Watusi) - Rain, popcorn, sizzling....whichever, they all pour into a racy beat!.
18. Stoned Again (Monkey, Watusi, Lindy, Twist)- Listed as having the most dance opportunities and being this is the only FS song that sports NO sounds effects, it has one more surprise.
19. The Ghostman Rings Twice (Mashed Potato) - Sound of a ringing phone with the only words Frankie can muster with "Hello". Just a hunch, but a fortune teller let on, this may sweep the country as a monstrous popular phone message.
20. Doomsday (Fox Trot) - The slow ballad ending this session, kinda gives you the image of Frankie on the harmonica, slowly walking into the moonlight. As things were kinda slow in the studio, as this is a Remix on CDED01 Track 17 "Little Ghoul Blue".
MUSIC FOR MONSTERS
21. Ghouls Glide , 22. Skeleton Dance, 23. Banshee Love Call,
24. The Dracula Drag, 25. Dinner Music For A Monster.
This might be Frankie Stein Without his Ghouls, like Frankie went solo. Original released in the mid-s60s this is a Therimin (a earlier Moog synthesizer) based record. These weird and eerie songs are yours to love with strange timings, chains a rattling, a screeching cat thrown in randomly and a Therimin happy player. After the 3rd song, you will actually be torturing yourself to listen further!
This is CDED02.
Look for these other Frankie Stein & His Ghouls releases.
CDED01 - Introducing Frankie Stein and His Ghouls / Alternate Ghoul Music
CDED03 - Monster Melodies / Monster
1. WHAT KIND OF GHOUL AM I (Mashed Potato)
2. MUMMY'S LITTLE BOY (Monkey, Twist)
3. GOOD NOOSE (Fox Trot)
4. THE WRIST TWIST (Twist)
5. SHOOT-A-NANNY (Swim, Surf)
6. ELBOW TWIST (Twist)
7. FLY ME TO THE GOON (Hully Gully)
8. CHAINED (Swim)
9. A TASTE OF POISON (Surf)
10. MONSTER MOTION (Watusi)
11. WHO'S AFRAID OF WEERDO WOLF (Watusi)
12. BODIES UNDER THE BRIDGE (Swim, Twist)
13. SLAY BOY (Fox Trot, Hully Gully)
14. HORROR STABCATO(Monkey, Lindy)
15. ANKLE TWIST (Twist)
16. DOOM AT MIDNIGHT (Frug)
17. STONED (Monkey, Watusi)
18. STONED AGAIN (Monkey, Watusi, Lindy, Twist)
19. THE GHOSTMAN RINGS TWICE (Mashed Potato)
20. DOOMSDAY (Fox Trot)
21. Ghouls Glide
22. Skeleton Dance
23. Banshee Love Call
24. The Dracula Drag
25. Dinner Music For A Monster
26. comparison track
27. comparison track
28. Star In My Eye(instrumental) Track 1-2
29. Star In My Eye(instrumental) Track 3-4
30. Star In My Eye(instrumental) All Tracks