AUGEAN STABLES: Notes From AbovegroundFinally, a full-length album from AUGEAN STABLES, THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD. Why the long wait for this frothy and spirited blend of Rock, Pop, Folk, Country and Blues? What the hell have these guys been doing?
If you really wanna know, you'll visit us at www.augeanstables.com.
Dave Riedel - Drums, percussion, vocals
Wilson Rothman - Guitars, vocals
Clint Bierman - Guitars, x-tra shiz, vocals
Edward "Tex" Miller - Keyboards
Nate Shields - Bass
Tasty shiz you might not hear elsewhere:
1) The album was nearly called "Whitey Crackerman and the McBastards Sing Songs of Love."
2) Wilson nearly gets a nipplectomy in the studio one night when Dave, carrying his kick drum up the stairs, reaches the top and makes a hard left into Wilson's chest.
3) After too much guitar gza, Clint relieves himself on a live power line and nearly shorts out three square miles of Southern Jersey.
4) Tex shaves his head and nearly writes the word "Butt" on it in permanent black marker.
5) Dave nearly superglues his pants to the bathroom wall, "just to freak the cat out."
6) Nate nearly names his bass "Betty Sue," in honor of Betty Sue Brawley, who's doing hard time in Green Bay for anarchy. He writes the new punk anthem, "Let's Go to Fuckin' Hawaii," in her honor.
Anyway, Dave, Wilson, Clint, Tex and Nate will love you if you love them. So buy the CD. You're guaranteed to love it and them and yourself. Nearly.
Thanks in advance for reading the reviews of the album -- and writing one of your own.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Probably Not My Type
5. Spare Tire Guy
6. Same As My House
7. My Life As A God
9. Here & Gone
10. Millennium Man
11. From One To Another
13. Play Around