THE SKYS: Postmodern GameTHE SKYS
Lithuanian rock band The Skys was established on 10th of November, 1995. The Band members frequently changed. Today The Skys are:
Jonas ÄŒiurlionis - vocals and lead guitar; Alexander Liutvinskij - rhythm guitar; Martynas Vinciunas - bass; Algirdas Kucinskas - keyboards; Cyrill Scherbak - drums
There is bac. vocals: Rasa JasiulionytÄ— and a sax player with the band.
The band had many solo gigs and participated in various small and big festivals. Some of the bigger events were:
Festival of young bands Sparnai 1996 in Prienai
"Eurocon" - International Congress of Science Fiction in Vilnius 1996
Festival "Pazvelk kitaip", White House, Vilnius 1996
Eesti Noortebandide Festival in Tartu (Estonia) 1996
Charity concert "Mes irgi galime mylÄ—ti", Vilnius Sport Hall 1997
UNESCO World Youth Festival "Dialogue Among Civilizations" 2001
Posinger Open Air 2002, Germany and etc.
The Skys are winners of New York International Music Festival 2004, USA
Eastern European Music Convention (St. Petersburg, Russia)
During its years of existence the band released three albums: "Civilized" (1997), "Dreams" (1999) and "Postmodern Game" (2004). Many famous Lithuanian musicians cooperated with The Skys: Aiste Smilgeviciute (participant of Eurovision contest in 1999) as bac. vocals, Gediminas Laurinavicius (jazz drumer), Liudas Mockunas (jazz sax player) and others.
- Many of The Skys songs were played on radio and TV. In 1996 song "One Saturday of The Spring" reached radio station "Laisvoji banga" charts where it kept its highest positions for almost two months (No. 1 in April Charts). In 1999 song "Virtual Reality" was filmed on National TV for music telecast "Muzikinis vieÅ¡butis". As guests The Skys performed at "Buk Artistas" TV Show. In 2004 The Skys performed at Lithuanian Top 10 on National TV. "The Ancient Indian song" video was also shown on National TV.
- Over 20 high quality press articles were published about the band in all major Lithuanian newspapers and magazines.
- In 2001 The Skys made a musical theatre performance "Civilized" which was presented in one of the biggest theatres in Vilnius - Jaunimo Teatras.
- In 2004 The Skys were signed to Sutaras Record label for the album "Postmodern Game".
- In 2004 The Skys were awarded as "Best International Band" at prestigious New York International Music Festival.
- In December our song "Broken Sounds of Truth" reached United Bands Radio Charts (No.4 ).
- In 2005 The Skys signed a contract with SSG Korea for release of The Skys music for Asian market.
- The Skys music was received airplay from various radio stations and was played in Lithuania, France, UK, Brasil, USA, etc.
Check out the artist's website:
1. PostModern Game
2. Chicago Bum
3. Waiting for the Light
4. Mommy's Son
6. Broken Sounds of Truth
7. Virtual Reality
8. From Idaho